11 de nov de 2012

Grupos que marcaram: Magic Affair


O Magic Affair é, talvez, o projeto que mais fez a minha cabeça nos anos 90. De origem alemã, teve uma trajetória de enorme sucesso na Europa entre 1993 e 1997 e começou encabeçado por um casal (o rapper A.K.-S.W.I.F.T. e Franca Morgano), como mandava a 'tradição' dos projetos Euro House da época.
Na verdade o projeto, fundado por Mike Staab, tinha outro nome: Mysterious Art - e foi criado em 1989, e teve os singles "Das Omen - Teil 1" e "Carma - Omen 2" (isso explica o nome de um dos seus maiores sucessos: "Omen III").

Como no especial do Loft, listarei apenas as músicas conhecidas por mim.

Com um estilo bem próximo ao Masterboy, começamos com a minha favorita que, certamente, é "In The Middle of the Night". A letra é bem diferente do que costumava aparecer em outras músicas de outros projetos...


Letra:

Refrão

In the middle of the night
A vision brings me light
Time is on my side
all the way
In the middle of the night
A vision's shining bright
Should I go or should I stay


Rap 1:

Sweat pours down as I toss and turn
While the dreams of reality
Starts to burn
I see the vision of a prophet dress in black
When it spoke
the voice brought me back
Woke up
and my hands are shaking
A rude awakening
but still I'm waiting
For the picture to be real
or just a joke
Then boom!
My rooms filled with smoke
Surprise
the shaddows came again
Then the figure said "you have sinned"
As the message clicks
I'm not a "geto boy"
But minds play tricks
A scenario
that carries you
Below to the depth of hell
That I've been through
In the middle of the night
You'll find your strength
Choose a path and a lyrical wavelength

Refrão:

In the middle of the night
A vision brings me light
Time is on my side
all the way
In the middle of the night
A vision's shining bright
Should I go or should I stay

Show me the right way


Rap 2:

Positive and negative
Is what I'm facin'
I'm out of breath like
I just finished racin'
Then a light comes through
To let me know
Which path to take and which way to go
I'm knowin'
flowin'
throwin'
Showin' goin' crazy
Once again
yo! You can't faze me
I'm going alpha
no omega
Right now
Not later against evil behavoir
Trip down under
is what I provide 'em
Sanity's gone
mind asylum
Then the voice comes back but brutal
Take good and evil and make it neutral
Taken out comp
Evil lies and walk beats
Taking out punks
but still to say the least
the job is done

A próxima é "Omen III", que sôa muito bem como um hino da Dance Music Anos 90. Impossível esquecer o lindo vocal repetindo "Show you where".


Letra:

Show you where
Show you where
Show you where
Show you where

Do what you want but think about the omen
A vision in your mind will lead your way
Go where you want but don't forget the omen
A light at your side will show you where
Omen
Open

Rap 1:

Straight from the underground
Let me kick this quick definistic
In other words let spirits get to you
Jump spell kind a like voodoo
Experience the power to behold
Strong enough to make space unfold
Eyes hold back with the signal there i'm ready
Nightmares kind a like freddy
Pleased to present the knowledge of the mind
To make a dance and collect combine
It's time for the pro to go to work
Jump a bomb till you go berserk
Trancing trancing
Bugging like a mother while you're dancing
This tastes of something to kick with
Why? because my ways are mystic
Do what you want but think about the omen
A vision in your mind will lead your way (the ways are mystic)
Go where you want but don't forget the omen
A light at your side will show you where (the ways are mystic)
Do what you want but think about the omen
.........
Omen
Open

Rap 2:

Black boys go for the man deliver the miracle
No one is acritical
Look in my eyes and all you see is darkness
Wait a second
Watch as the spark gets
Bright enough to light a path for my son
Dance and the beat keeps going
Mesmerize and my voice rises
Can't control the way i'm hypnotizing
People in a house that make you move
Hip hop into a trance-like tight move
Various stars are broken
Mastering my practical skill smoking
Heat it up
Heat it up
Give me the mike and watch the ache cake heat it up
A little taste of something to kick with
Why? my ways are mystic
'cause my ways are mystic
'cause my ways are mystic.
Do what you want
...........
Do what you want
..........
Laid a trap
Do what you want
Do what you need
Do what you want
Do what you need
Omen.

A próxima é uma das que sempre me fizeram pirar com essa levada meio Trance.


Letra:

Watch the fire in a fools paradise
Watch the fire, unlock these fearful eyes
Watch the fire, oooh
Watch the fire and break these chains of ice

Rap 1

Here it comes, hot dress hits the ozone
Born negativity runs through homes
Of the innocent maybe the guilty
Temperature high, cause society built me
Se here we go, the frown hits my brown skin
Waiting for the chance to end all the sin
I'm not a devil, but hell I'm raising
Fools I'm chasing, ending invasions (what kind of invasion)
Of the hatred, radical that made it
The mission is hard, and alone I can't fade it
Bring on the job cause MA is at hand
Ready and willing, as the hate hits the fan

Rap 2

Check my structure, erupt and rumple
Kill or be killed as the planet crumble
Ignorance wins, for lacks of education
Cultures die, wiped out are the nations
Rise-up panthers, show me the right way
Or live your life behind the A to the K
47, so where is heaven,
Cause hell is Earth, and the life is severen
KKK watch out cause the knowledge
Surpass your mass, light year pass college
Light the torch, young skin cause you're trippin'
I'm serious. True black is the young man
I rap 'till I'm dead, and still have the upper hand
Bring on the job cause the magic is hard
Back-up kids, or else I'll put your card

E por último, mas não menos importante, é essa aqui eu conheci esse ano e curti muito.
"Give Me All Our Love"


Trocando em miúdos, para mim o Magic é um dos maiores responsáveis pela difusão do Euro House pelo globo. Não parecem ter feito muito sucesso por aqui nos tempos que Alexia, Double You, Ice Mc, DJ Bobo e companhia apareciam em tudo que é CD brasileiro de Dance Music ou não.
É um grupo que marcou mesmo, e nunca sairá dos corações de milhões de fãs.
Antes de finalizar, um vídeo bônus meio recente do grupo:


Até o próximo Especial!
____________________________________
Confira também: Loft